Employment Lawsuit Loans
- Get Cash As Soon As Today
- Rates As Low As 2.5% Simple, Monthly
- Repay $0 If You Lose
Apply in Seconds
Employment Lawsuit Loans
Employment laws protect you against discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination and other activities in the workplace that affect your ability to work and earn a living. When an employer violates your legal rights, you have the right to sue for damages.
You may have a strong case, but getting your former employer to offer a fair settlement or taking the case to trial takes time. While you wait, it can be a challenge to pay living expenses when you do not have a source of income.
Employment lawsuit loans are a form of pre-settlement funding that lets you receive a portion of the value of an anticipated settlement within 24 hours of the loan being approved. Use the money to pay bills or for any purpose you choose without limitations. Repayment of the advance plus interest happens only if you win the case.
If the lawsuit does not result in a judgment or settlement in your favor or settles for less than what is owed to the funding company, you owe nothing. The funding company assumes all of the risk.Apply Now
How Lawsuit Loans Work
Here’s how the lawsuit loan process works in three easy steps. The entire process can be completed within 24 hours with your attorney’s help.
Apply Online or Call Toll-Free
Apply online or call us toll-free at (866) 594-1343. Submitting your application takes minutes.
We Review Your Case
Next, we contact your law firm and collect basic information to review your case. Review only takes a few hours.
You Receive Funds
You and your attorney review and sign our funding contract. Once complete, you can have funds within hours.
- Employment laws protect you against wrongful termination, discrimination, and other unlawful conduct by employers.
- You have the right to sue your employer to recover damages for employment law violations.
- Employment lawsuits take time and it can take months or years for your lawyer to reach a settlement or verdict in your case.
- Employment lawsuit loans take some of the financial pressure off of you by giving you a cash advance against the value of an anticipated settlement.
Get up to $500,000 with rates as low as 2.5% simple, monthly
How employment lawsuit loans work
If you have a lawsuit pending against a former employer for violating your employment law rights, you may be eligible for pre-settlement funding. The first step is to contact LawsuitLoans.io for additional information about employment lawsuit funding or fill out an online application to begin the review process.
The application asks for your name and contact information and the name and contact information of the attorney representing you in the lawsuit. Most of the information LawsuitLoans.io needs to evaluate the lawsuit will be provided by your lawyer.
One thing you will immediately notice about the application for lawsuit funding is that it does not ask you for permission to do a credit check or employment verification. The primary focus of the underwriting process is the strength of the lawsuit and the value of an anticipated settlement because it is a non-recourse loan, which means the funding company cannot look to you or your personal assets for repayment.
Repayment of the cash advance and interest charged by the company comes from the settlement or verdict in the lawsuit. To put it bluntly, if you lose the lawsuit, you owe nothing to the pre-settlement company.
If the employment lawsuit is approved for funding, both you and your attorney will receive written acknowledgement of the approval along with terms and cost of the loan. LawsuitLoans.io funds up to 50% of the value of your anticipated settlement, which is higher than other settlement companies that may offer only 10%-15% of the settlement value.
The cash advance can be disbursed to you within 24 hours of your acceptance of the terms. If you wish, you can take a cash advance for what you need now and request an additional loan depending on the value placed on the anticipated settlement and the amount that you took in the first advance.
Get an Instant Quote
Input your requested funding amount and the time your case may take to settle here to see your savings and cost when you choose LawsuitLoans.io. While we sometimes offer interest rates as low as 2.5%, our calculator assumes an interest rate of 2.9%. This calculator is illustrative – please contact us for an instant, written quote for your request.
Months Until Settlement:
Pay as little as $4,513 on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 12 months of your advance.
Save as much as $2,597 on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 12 months of your advance.
Save as much as 36% on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 12 months of your advance.
Types of employment lawsuit loans we fund
There are several types of employment lawsuits that may be eligible for lawsuit funding. The relief requested in the lawsuit is a determining factor in whether lawsuit funding will be available to a plaintiff. For example, if the only relief requested by the plaintiff in a lawsuit is an injunction or court order preventing an employer from continuing to engage in harmful conduct, the lawsuit may not be eligible for funding because there would not be a monetary settlement to repay a cash advance.
Employment lawsuits that may qualify for funding because they typically demand monetary damages on behalf of a plaintiff include:
- Unpaid wages and overtime violations.
- Discrimination and harassment.
- Medical and family leave violations.
- Wrongful termination.
- Whistleblower and retaliatory termination.
If you have a lawsuit pending against an employer for these or other federal or state employment laws, it may qualify for pre-settlement funding that could make a cash advance available to you within 24 hours of approval.
Apply today and get funds as soon as the same day you apply!
Amount of funding depends on the value of your employment claim
Funding companies generally limit cash advances to only 15% of the value of an expected settlement or verdict in an employment law case. However, if you apply to LawsuitLoans.io, you may be eligible to receive as much as 50% of the value of your employment claim depending on what stage in the litigation process your lawsuit has reached.
A case with an accepted offer that is awaiting payment of the settlement may be entitled to a larger cash advance than a case where an offer has not been made by the defendant and accepted by the plaintiff. Something else to keep in mind about the amount of funding that you receive are the factors that determine the anticipated value of your claim.
Funding companies take into consideration the strength of the available evidence to prove liability and damages. Another factor is the availability of insurance coverage to pay a settlement or verdict.
Large employment lawsuit verdicts
Jury verdicts in lawsuits filed for violation of federal or state employment laws can be substantial. For example, earlier this year, a jury awarded 10 employees at a company in Texas more than $70 million in a discrimination and retaliation lawsuit. The award to each plaintiff included $3 million in damages for emotional distress and $4 million in punitive damages.
The Texas lawsuit illustrates how punitive damages increase verdicts, which may also increase settlements because plaintiffs may demand higher offers knowing that jurors may award punitive damages. Punitive damages are not intended as compensation for plaintiffs. Instead, punitive damages punish employers for engaging in conduct found to be wilful or malicious.
The cash advance available to you in an employment lawsuit loan may be greater when the lawsuit includes a demand for punitive damages that increase the anticipated value of the claim. As can be seen from the Texas case, the award of punitive damages received by a plaintiff exceeded the award of compensatory damages by $1 million.
Get $500 – $100,000 as soon as today
We understand that if you’re applying for funding with us, you needed the funding yesterday. With your attorney’s cooperation, we can provide funding as soon as the same day you apply with us.
Employment lawsuit loan FAQs
It’s normal to have questions about pre-settlement funding in connection with lawsuits filed for violation of employment laws. The following are a few of the frequently asked questions people have about funding for employment lawsuit loans:
- How much do employment lawsuit loans cost? Companies offering lawsuit loans generally set their own interest rates, fees and other terms of the funding. Some companies charge interest for the length of time between funding of the cash advance and repayment in addition to other fees. At LawsuitLoans.io, you pay simple interest at rates as low as 2.5% per month until the loan is repaid. There are no hidden fees or extra charges. Everything is fully disclosed in the written approval that you and your lawyer must approve before the loan is funded.
- Will I be approved for a lawsuit loan on my employment claim? If you have an employment lawsuit pending and you are represented by an attorney, contact LawsuitLoans.io to learn whether your case is eligible for funding, or you can apply online by completing a simple application. Your attorney will be contacted and the lawsuit reviewed by underwriters to determine that the claim is strong enough and its anticipated settlement value is high enough to qualify for funding.
- How long does it take to process an application for an employment lawsuit loan? Processing times may vary from one case to another because information must be obtained from your attorney about the lawsuit for our underwritings to review. It is always a good idea to get advice from your attorney about the decision to seek lawsuit funding and ensure that your attorney is willing to cooperate with LawsuitLoans.io. The cooperation of your attorney is essential to achieving a rapid decision about funding.
If you have other questions about a lawsuit loan from LawsuitLoans.io, feel free to call us at (866) 594-1343.
If you need money while waiting for your pending employment lawsuit to be settled or go to trial, LawsuitLoans.io makes it possible for you to receive a cash advance as a percentage of the anticipated value of the claim for damages you have against an employer or former employer. The money advanced to you along with interest earned on it do not get paid until you win your lawsuit. If you don’t win, the funding company cannot look to you for repayment. Contact LawsuitLoans.io today to learn more by calling (866) 594-1343 or apply online.