New York Lawsuit Loans
- Get Cash As Soon As Today
- Rates As Low As 2.5% Simple, Monthly
- Repay $0 If You Lose
Apply in Seconds
What are Lawsuit Loans in New York?
Presettlement lawsuit loans in New York are cash advances given to plaintiffs involved in ongoing legal cases. These loans are not traditional loans, but rather a form of non-recourse funding. This means if the plaintiff loses their case, they are not obligated to repay the loan. The amount of the loan is typically based on the expected settlement amount. These loans can be used to cover living expenses, medical bills, and legal fees while the case is pending. They are regulated by the New York state laws and must comply with all relevant regulations.
|Average Loan Amount by LawsuitLoans.io||$24,106|
|Largest Loan Amount by LawsuitLoans.io||$233,714|
|Average Rate Per 6 Months||19.9%|
|Median Personal Injury Verdict in New York||$287,628|
|Statute of Limitations||3 Years; Civil Practice Laws and Rules Art. 2 Section 214|
|Fault Laws||Adopts Pure Comparative Fault, enabling a plaintiff to recover damages proportionate to their degree of fault.|
Am I eligible for a lawsuit loan in New York?
Eligibility for a lawsuit loan in New York depends on several factors. Firstly, you must be a plaintiff in a pending lawsuit. The type of case also matters, as most lawsuit loan companies in New York provide funding for personal injury cases, workers’ compensation, civil rights cases, and more. Your attorney’s cooperation is also crucial, as they need to provide necessary information about your case. Lastly, the strength of your case plays a significant role. The lawsuit loan company will evaluate the likelihood of you winning the case or obtaining a settlement, as the loan is paid back from the settlement amount. Therefore, if you meet these criteria, you may be eligible for a lawsuit loan in New York. However, it’s important to consult with your attorney before making any decisions.
You may be eligible for pre-settlement funding in New York if you meet the following requirements:
- You must have a claim against someone for personal injuries, workplace accidents, employment claims, or mass tort litigation in New York.
- You have an attorney representing you.
- Your attorney filed a lawsuit to pursue the claim.
- You anticipate a settlement in your favor for monetary damages.
- The person being sued has insurance coverage to pay your claim.
Most Common Case Funded: Auto or Roadway Accident
Other types of cases funded in New York encompass a range of scenarios:
- Auto accidents, including injuries to pedestrians and bicycle riders.
- Workplace accidents, including construction accidents and claims by injured railroad workers under the Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA).
- Premises liability claims, such as slip-and-fall accidents or other mishaps caused by the failure of owners to maintain their property.
- Accidents caused by defective products.
- Medical malpractice claims.
- Mass tort claims and other types of class action lawsuits.
- Employment cases, including construction accidents and wrongful termination, and discrimination.
Get up to $500,000 with rates as low as 2.5% simple, monthly
Our New York Lawsuit Loan Process
When you need financial support during your legal battle in New York, Lawsuit Loans is here for you. Our process is designed to be effortless, allowing you to focus on your case. Here’s how lawsuit loans work in New York:
1. Apply Online or Call Us
Kickstart the process by applying online or calling our toll-free number at (866) 594-1343. It only takes minutes to submit your application.
2. Fast Case Review
Our team promptly contacts your law firm to gather essential case details. Rest assured, we aim to complete the review in just a few hours.
3. Rapid Funding
Once your case is approved, you and your attorney sign the funding contract, and you receive the cash you need within hours.
How much money can I get from my lawsuit loan?Experience the flexible and tailored funding solutions offered by LawsuitLoans.io. As a premier provider of pre-settlement funding, we empower plaintiffs with a diverse range of options to address their financial needs during the litigation process. Our seamless process prioritizes your peace of mind, ensuring that your legal journey is supported every step of the way. At LawsuitLoans.io, our lawsuit loans span a flexible range of $500 to over $1,000,000. Pre-settlement, we can advance up to 15% of your case’s value, while settled cases may qualify for larger amounts.
How can I use my lawsuit loan money in New York?
In New York, you can use your lawsuit loan money to cover any personal expenses. This includes rent or mortgage payments, medical bills, daily living expenses, legal fees, and even paying off debt. The money is yours to use as you see fit, there are no restrictions.
Why Choose Our Lawsuit Loans:
- Financial Flexibility: Access funds ranging from $500 to over $1,000,000 to cater to your specific needs.
- Personal Expenses: Cover medical bills, living costs, or even make substantial purchases that were otherwise unattainable.
- No Case-Related Expenses: Funds cannot be used for legal fees or case-related expenses.
- Tailored Support: Lawsuit Loans offers strategic advances of up to 15% of your case’s value for pre-settlement situations and up to 50% for settled cases.
- Apply with Ease: Our straightforward application process puts the funds you need within reach.
Pros and Cons of Presettlement Funding in New York
- Financial Relief: Pre-settlement funding provides much-needed financial support during legal proceedings, helping cover expenses when income is affected by personal injuries.
- Early Access to Funds: You can receive upfront cash to address immediate bills and living expenses before your personal injury case settles.
- Avoiding Early Settlement Pressure: With litigation funding, you have the time to pursue a larger settlement without feeling compelled to settle early for a lower amount.
- Non-Recourse Nature: Pre-settlement loans are non-recourse, meaning you won’t have to repay the loan if you do not win your case, offering peace of mind during the legal process.
- Higher Interest Rates: Pre-settlement funding comes with a higher interest rate than most loans. This is because you do not have to pay back the loan if you lose your case.
- Legal Consultation Required: Consult with your lawyer before proceeding with the funding application.
- Additional Paperwork: Complete a preliminary application with basic contact and case information. No application fee or credit check is involved.
Major Cities We Fund in New York
Apply now to get the financial support you need in these major cities.
- New York
New York Lawsuit Loan Regulations
In New York, lawsuit loans are considered non-recourse cash advances, not actual loans. Therefore, they are not subject to usury laws or regulations that typically govern loans. However, companies offering lawsuit loans must comply with general business laws and practices, including transparency about terms and conditions.
Get $500 – $100,000 as soon as today
We understand that if you’re applying for funding with us, you needed the funding yesterday. With your attorney’s cooperation, we can provide funding as soon as the same day you apply with us.
Presettlement Funding FAQs
1. How much does it cost to get a lawsuit loan?
The cost of a lawsuit loan in New York can vary greatly depending on the specifics of the case and the lending company, but interest rates can range from 2% to 4% monthly.
2. Who qualifies for lawsuit loans?
In New York, a person who has filed a lawsuit and is represented by an attorney qualifies for a lawsuit loan. The lawsuit must be either pending or settled, and the loan is typically based on the expected settlement or judgment.
3. How big of a lawsuit loan can I get?
The size of a lawsuit loan you can get in New York largely depends on the specifics of your case, including the potential settlement amount, but it can range from $500 to over $1,000,000.