Personal Injury Loans
- Get cash as soon as today
- Rates as low as 2.5% simple, monthly
- Repay $0 if you lose
When an accident caused by the negligence of someone else leaves you with serious injuries that keep you out of work, the last thing you need is the worry and anxiety of being unable to pay living expenses or make a dent in the stack of medical bills. You have an experienced personal injury attorney handling your claim against the person responsible for causing the accident and putting you in a financial bind, but you worry about being able to hold off creditors until there is a good settlement offer or a jury award in your favor in the case.
LawsuitLoans.io has a solution to your financial struggles with low-interest personal injury loans. Use the money to pay living expenses, medical bills or for any purpose you want while waiting for your personal injury lawsuit to settle. Courts and the legal process move at a pace that can be slow and stressful especially when you cannot work because of the injuries sustained as a result of the negligent conduct of another party. A personal injury loan from LawsuitLoans.io may not speed up the legal process, but it can give you a cash advance against the future settlement of your case.
To give you a better understanding of personal injury loans, including how the process to obtain a personal injury loan works, the types of personal injury cases that can be funded, and how the cash advance gets repaid, continue reading through the provided in this article. Feel free to ask your personal injury attorney for assistance to help you decide whether a personal injury loan is the best option to eliminate financial hardship while awaiting a settlement or jury award in your case.
How Lawsuit Loans Work
1. Apply Online or Call Toll-Free
Apply online or call us toll-free at (866) 594-1343. Submitting your application takes minutes.
2. We Review Your Case
Next, we contact your law firm and collect basic information to review your case. Review only takes a few hours.
3. You Receive Funds
You and your attorney review and sign our funding contract. Once complete, you can have funds within hours.
What is a Personal Injury Loan?
A personal injury loan is one of several names used to identify a cash advance made by funding companies to people with lawsuits pending where the relief they are seeking is a judgment or settlement against another party. Some of the other names used for this type of cash advance include:
- Pre-settlement funding.
- Pre-settlement loans.
- Lawsuit loans.
- Litigation funding.
Although many companies offering cash advances against a personal injury lawsuit settlement a “loan,” what they offer is actually very different from a car loan or the money you borrow from a bank to buy a new home. Banks and other types of lenders offering traditional loans require borrowers to sign a promissory note making them personally obligated to make a series of periodic payments until the money borrowed plus interest is repaid.
If a borrower defaults in making the payments, a lender has the right to obtain a judgment and sell personal assets belonging to the debtor in order to satisfy the obligation. Because a traditional loan obligates the borrower to repay it, the additional debt obligation may adversely affect a person’s credit score even if payments are made in a timely manner.
Lawsuit loans are different from traditional borrowing in the following ways:
- The company funding a lawsuit loan does so based on the strength of the personal injury case and the likelihood of it resulting in a judgment or settlement favorable to the plaintiff and the anticipated value of the award or settlement.
- Lawsuit loans are repaid from settlement proceeds only if and when the case ends in favor of the plaintiff.
- Plaintiff is not personally obligated for repayment of the money advanced by a funding company, so plaintiffs are not required to submit income or asset information during the application process and the company does not check credit history by running a credit report.
The money advanced as a personal injury loan only gets repaid from the settlement or award when the personal injury case concludes in favor of the plaintiff. If it does not end with a settlement or judgment favorable to the plaintiff, the funding company takes the loss and cannot seek payment from the plaintiff. This is also true should a case result in a settlement or judgment that is not enough to repay the money advanced and accumulated interest. Again, the funding company assumes the risk and cannot go after the plaintiff.
Get $500 – $100,000 as soon as today
Types of Personal Injury Cases Eligible For Funding
Any type of lawsuit where the relief sought by the plaintiff is monetary damages and is anticipated to result in a settlement or award in favor of the plaintiff may be eligible for funding. Personal injury lawsuits eligible for funding including:
- Car accidents: Cars crashing at highway speeds can leave their occupants with serious injuries requiring expensive medical treatment, physical therapy and rehabilitation along with a long recovery period causing financial hardship. A personal injury loan to cover living expenses and medical expenses, unless you live in a state with no-fault laws where your car insurance pays at least some of your medical bills.
- Pedestrian accidents: A pedestrian or bicycle rider struck by a car or other motor vehicle may sustain catastrophic injuries with a long, slow recovery period. Getting a portion of the anticipated settlement in the form of a cash advance lets them avoid anxiety and distress associated with financial worries.
- Truck and other types of motor vehicle accidents: Truck, bus, motorcycle, and other types of roadway accidents cause devastating injuries, but they can take a long time to get through the lawsuit process before plaintiffs receive the money from a settlement or judgment. Lawsuit funding gives you the money you need to live and pay bills while you wait.
- Premises liability cases: A slip and fall, elevator, escalator, or other type of accident caused by a dangerous or hazardous condition may involve multiple parties at fault in causing the accident and your injuries, so it may take longer for the lawsuit to be settled. Lawsuit loans let you stay afloat financially instead of struggling while waiting for the case to end.
Personal injury lawsuits are not the only types of cases eligible for funding through a lawsuit loan. Labor law and employment discrimination claims, Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) claims filed on behalf of injured railroad workers and other types of lawsuits involving monetary damages may be eligible to a cash advance to prevent financial distress.
Lawsuit Loan Calculator
Input your requested funding amount and the time your case may take to settle here to see your savings and cost when you choose LawsuitLoans.io. While we sometimes offer interest rates as low as 2.5%, our calculator assumes an interest rate of 2.9%. This calculator is illustrative – please contact us for an instant, written quote for your request.
Months Until Settlement:
Total Cost With LawsuitLoans.io
Pay as little as $4,513 on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 12 months of your advance.
Your Savings With LawsuitLoans.io
Save as much as $2,597 on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 12 months of your advance.
Percent Savings With LawsuitLoans.io
Save as much as 36% on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 12 months of your advance.
Get up to $500,000 with rates as low as 2.5% simple, monthly
How Does The Legal Funding Process Work?
To be eligible for a lawsuit loan, you must be represented by a lawyer and there must be a lawsuit seeking monetary damages on your behalf pending in court. Neither your credit history, employment status nor income affect your eligibility for a lawsuit loan.
When you contact LawsuitLoans.io for a lawsuit loan, you may apply online or over the phone by providing contact information for yourself and for the lawyer handling your lawsuit. The information about the lawsuit will be obtained directly from your lawyer, including the status of the case, the court in which the lawsuit is pending, and the facts and circumstances of the accident.
The funding company reviews the information about the case to evaluate the likelihood of a settlement or judgment in your favor and its value. If the case qualifies for a personal injury loan, a written agreement is sent to you and to your lawyer with the terms of the loan, interest rate, fees and repayment.
Carefully review the agreement with your lawyer to make certain that you understand it and the terms of the funding. Once the agreement is signed by you and by your personal injury lawyer, LawsuitLoans.io will fund the cash advance and make the funds available to you within 24-48 hours from receipt of the signed funding agreement.
How Much Money Can You Get From A Lawsuit Loan?
LawsuitLoans.io bases the amount of a cash advance on the value of your personal injury lawsuit. Pre-settlement loans, which is funding for cases where you have not yet accepted a settlement offer by the insurance company for the defendant, typically fund for 15% of the anticipated value of the case. Settlement loans, offered in cases where payment of an accepted settlement offer is pending, fund for up to 50% of the net settlement.
Get $500 – $100,000 as soon as today
How Can Personal Injury Lawsuit Loans Be Used?
The money that you receive from a lawsuit loan can generally be used for any purpose you choose, including payment of the following:
- Medical bills.
- Living expenses, including mortgage or rent payments.
- Repairs on your home or motor vehicle.
You have full control over how you spend the money you receive as a cash advance, with the only exceptions being that you cannot use it to pay attorney fees or expenses related to the litigation.
Why Choose LawsuitLoans.io For Your Personal Injury Loan?
If you and your personal injury attorney agree that a personal injury loan can provide the financial relief you need, you want to know that you’re getting the best terms and lowest interest rates available from the many loan companies offering lawsuit cash advances. Some of the advantages that make LawsuitLoans.io the settlement funding company that stands out from the rest include:
- Low interest rates: While other companies offering legal funding continue to demand high, compound interest rates, LawsuitLoans.io offers simple, non-compounding interest rates starting as low as 2.5% per month.
- Same-day loan funding: When an injury keeps you from working and you need money to pay household expenses and other bills, the last thing you want is to wait for the money from a legal funding company. That is why LawsuitLoans.io offers same-day cash advances. As soon as your application for lawsuit funding is approved, the money can be in your hands the same day, instead of waiting for payment of a settlement.
- LawsuitLoans.io funds cases that other settlement companies turn down: If you have been told by another settlement funding company that your case isn’t worth funding, don’t give up. LawsuitLoans.io approves loans after other lawsuit funding companies refuse to fund them.
Get up to $500,000 with rates as low as 2.5% simple, monthly
Personal Injury Lawsuit Settlement Funding FAQs
If you’re considering a personal injury loan to tide you over until your lawsuit settles, you probably have questions that need answers before making a decision. Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we get at LawsuitLoans.io.
How much do personal injury loans cost?
Personal injury loans from LawsuitLoans.io cost much less than loans from other companies because we offer rates as low as 2.5% simple interest per month. Other companies charge high, compound interest rates that can quickly add up to an unaffordable amount.
Do I qualify for a loan on my personal injury lawsuit?
To be eligible for funding through LawsuitLoans.io, you must have a lawyer representing you in a lawsuit seeking monetary damages that has been filed in court. The case may be against an individual, a company, or a government entity. The funding company evaluates each case individually to determine if it meets our standards for funding.
How do pre-settlement lawsuit loans work?
LawsuitLoans.io offers both pre-settlement and post-settlement funding. Pre-settlement funding is a cash advance against the anticipated value of your personal injury lawsuit. The funds are provided to you to help tide you over until the case is settled and you receive your share of the settlement or award. Post-settlement funding is offered in cases where the defendant has accepted your settlement offer but payment of the settlement is pending. The funding company pays you the amount of your settlement, minus the amount of the cash advance and the agreed upon fees and interest. Once the funding company is repaid, the rest of the settlement money is paid to your lawyer to reimburse costs and expenses and to pay any outstanding balances.
If you have a lawsuit pending, waiting for it to make its way through the slow legal process as bills and living expenses go unpaid, a personal injury cash advance may offer financial stability while you wait for money from a settlement or judgment. Don’t let financial pressure force you to accept a low-ball offer to settle from an insurance company just to get money to pay bills.
Instead, call LawsuitLoans.io at (866) 594-1343 to apply for a cash advance against the settlement value of your lawsuit. Relieving financial pressure lets you give your lawyer the freedom to demand the good settlement offer that you deserve without caving in to insurance company tactics. You can even apply for legal funding by simply filling out an online application.