Maine Dog Bite Lawsuit Loans
- Get Cash As Soon As Today
- Rates As Low As 2.5% Simple, Monthly
- Repay $0 If You Lose
Apply in Seconds
What is a Dog Bite Lawsuit Loan and How Does It Work in Maine?
If you’ve filed a dog bite injury lawsuit in Maine and are waiting for your case to resolve, it may take many months or even years before you receive any compensation. This can pose a financial challenge, especially if medical bills and other expenses continue to pile up. That’s where a lawsuit loan comes in.
A lawsuit loan, also known as pre-settlement funding by LawsuitLoans.io provides you with the funds you need to manage your expenses while waiting for your case to conclude. It’s not a traditional loan as repayment is directly tied to the outcome of your case. If you win your case or achieve a settlement, the loan is repaid out of the proceeds. But if you happen to lose, you won’t have to pay back anything.
To get a lawsuit loan in Maine, you simply fill out an application on the LawsuitLoans.io website. Our team will then review your case details and liaise with your lawyer to determine the merits of your case. If approved, funds can be available in as little as 24 hours, providing you with immediate financial relief.
In a nutshell, a dog bite lawsuit loan in Maine empowers you to focus on recovery and securing justice, rather than being burdened by financial pressures. Let LawsuitLoans.io take the strain of financial struggles so that you can devote your energy into winning your case.
How Lawsuit Loans Work
Here’s how the lawsuit loan process works in three easy steps. The entire process can be completed within 24 hours with your attorney’s help.
Apply Online or Call Toll-Free
Apply online or call us toll-free at (866) 594-1343. Submitting your application takes minutes.
We Review Your Case
Next, we contact your law firm and collect basic information to review your case. Review only takes a few hours.
You Receive Funds
You and your attorney review and sign our funding contract. Once complete, you can have funds within hours.
How Much Funding Can I Get From my Premises Liability Lawsuit Advance?
LawsuitLoans.io provides funding options for lawsuits involving personal injury and premises liability claims, such as slip and fall accidents. The funding amount can range from $500 to over $1,000,000, depending on the specifics of your case.
We can provide an advance of up to 25% of your expected portion of the settlement if your case is still in progress. If your personal injury case has already been settled, we can offer 50% of your expected portion of the settlement.
Let’s consider an example involving a Maine-based plaintiff who is pursuing a dog bite claim. This individual was attacked by a dog while walking near their apartment. The case has an estimated value of $200,000. Currently, the client is still undergoing treatment for their injuries, and the case might take another year to resolve fully.
Typically, medical providers receive about one-third of the lawsuit settlement, with the attorney taking another one-third. As a result, the plaintiff could expect to receive around $65,000 from this particular lawsuit. In such a scenario, we can provide a cash advance of approximately 25% of that expected claim amount, which would be about $16,000.
Get up to $500,000 with rates as low as 2.5% simple, monthly
Steps to Take After a Dog Bite Injury
Being bitten by a dog can be a traumatic event. By knowing what steps to take directly after such an incident, you can have a better chance of achieving a desired outcome. Below, we provide a simple plan to follow when facing this scary situation.
- Seeking Medical Attention: The health and wellbeing of the person bitten should always be first priority. Ensure immediate medical help is sought. Even if the injury appears minor, it’s imperative to get a professional evaluation to avoid possible complications, such as infection or rabies.
- Reporting the Incident to Animal Control: It’s crucial to report the incident to your local animal control agency. They can guide you on what to do next, keep track of potentially dangerous dogs, and investigate the dog and its owner, which could be vital information in your case.
- Documenting Your Injuries: Take detailed notes and photographs of your injuries as soon as possible after the incident. Make sure to also note any clothing damage or other details that might be relevant. Any changes in the injury over time should also be documented.
- Contacting Competent Local Legal Counsel: Hiring a qualified attorney is a vital step. These legal professionals can advise you on your rights, help with evidence collection and guide you through the legal process. Taking this approach enhances your chances for a successful lawsuit and gives you peace of mind in a stressful time. To ensure you’re getting the best, check out LawsuitLoans.io, where you can secure the funds needed for your case.
Get an Instant Quote
Input your requested funding amount and the time your case may take to settle here to see your savings and cost when you choose LawsuitLoans.io. While we sometimes offer interest rates as low as 2.5%, our calculator assumes an interest rate of 2.9%. This calculator is illustrative – please contact us for an instant, written quote for your request.
Months Until Settlement:
Pay as little as $2,631 on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 6 months of your advance.
Save as much as $1,697 on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 6 months of your advance.
Save as much as 39% on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 6 months of your advance.
Am I Eligible for a Lawsuit Loan on my Maine Dog Bite Claim?
If you are dealing with a personal injury claim, there may be an opportunity for you to secure a lawsuit loan from LawsuitLoans.io. This type of loan can help ease your financial concerns while you wait for your legal case to resolve. But, not everyone can qualify for such a loan. There is certain eligibility criteria you need to meet.
The primary eligibility requirements include the following:
- Having a valid legal claim against a defendant who has insurance coverage.
- Having a lawyer hired on a contingency basis. This means your lawyer only gets paid if you win your case or obtain a settlement.
- You must be 18 years old or above.
If you can satisfy all these requirements, then you may qualify for a lawsuit loan for your personal injury claim with LawsuitLoans.io. But do note, each case is unique and will be evaluated individually to determine eligibility.
Apply today and get funds as soon as the same day you apply!
What are the Dog Bite Injury Laws in Maine?
In Maine, legal claims regarding dog bites work on the basis of “the strict liability rule”. This means that the owner of a dog is responsible for harm caused by their pet without any need to prove fault or negligence. However, it’s also essential to note different situations can influence the outcome of a claim. For example, whether the bitten person provoked the dog or was trespassing illegally could affect the chance of recovery.
Maine law covers dog bites and attacks under section 3961, known as the “Maine Dog Bite Law”. According to this law, the owner of the dog is liable if the dog causes damages to a person who has not provoked the dog, irrespective of the former viciousness of such dog or the owner’s knowledge of such viciousness. The statute indicates “the owner or keeper of any dog or other animal, wild or domesticated, shall be liable in damages for any damage done by such dog or other animal, when such damage was not provoked.”
This regulation ensures the victim of a dog bite in Maine can make an adequate recovery claim. Nevertheless, it’s highly recommended to consult with a professional personal-injury lawyer experienced in dog-bite laws for a solid and detailed advice customized to each unique case.
LawsuitLoans.io’s Dog Bite Injury Loan Process
If you are a plaintiff involved in a dog bite lawsuit, you may be wondering how lawsuit loans work. At LawsuitLoans.io, we make the process straightforward and simple to understand. Here’s a brief look at our dog bite injury loan process:
- Apply online: You start by filling out your details on our application page.
- We contact your law firm: After receiving your application, we will then contact your law firm for more case-related information.
- We review your case: Our team will carefully review all details of your case.
- You sign a contract: If approved, you will receive a contract to sign and return to us.
- You get funds: Upon receipt of the signed contract, we release the funds directly to you.
To give a better understanding of this process, consider this example. Let’s say you’re John, a mail carrier who was bitten by a dog while out delivering mail. The bite is severe requiring medical attention and causing you to miss work. You hire a lawyer to sue the dog’s owner for negligence. While waiting for the lawsuit to conclude, your bills pile up and you struggle financially. To help with your current financial distress, you apply for a lawsuit loan with LawsuitLoans.io. We reach out to your lawyer, review your case, and upon approval, you sign a contract. After this, the funds arrive directly to your bank account, easing your financial stress while you wait for your lawsuit to resolve.
Get $500 – $100,000 as soon as today
We understand that if you’re applying for funding with us, you needed the funding yesterday. With your attorney’s cooperation, we can provide funding as soon as the same day you apply with us.
What Can I Use the Money From My Lawsuit Loan For?
If you are currently involved in a lawsuit, you might be wondering what exactly you can spend your lawsuit loan money on. Thankfully, the team here at LawsuitLoans.io has clarified this for you.
Primarily, plaintiffs can use the funds for their living expenses. These could range from rent payments, groceries, utility bills, and transportation costs. You’re facing enough stress with your pending case; you shouldn’t also have to worry about keeping a roof over your head or food on your table.
Besides these everyday costs, medical expenses are another significant area where lawsuit loans can be utilized. If your lawsuit involves a personal injury, for example, you might have steep hospital bills or ongoing therapy costs. The funds from your loan can be used to cover these, easing a significant burden.
The only restriction that applies is that you cannot use the loan money directly for your litigation or legal case expenses. This may seem counterintuitive considering the loan is linked to your lawsuit, but it helps ensure the money supports you, the plaintiff, and not simply the legal process.
Please feel free to reach out to us directly at our toll-free phone number (866) 594-1343 or apply online now using the LawsuitLoans.io funding application if you need more information about how you can use your lawsuit loan.
Most Common Personal Injury Claims we Fund in Maine
At LawsuitLoans.io, we provide pre-settlement funding for various types of legal cases. In the state of Maine, these are the most common personal injury claims we fund:
- Car Accidents: A major segment of personal injury claims stem from car accidents. Often caused by negligent or distracted driving, these incidents can lead to significant injuries and damages.
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents: This includes any accidents involving company vehicles like trucks, vans, etc. These cases often have bigger settlements due to their complex nature and higher insurance policies.
- Roadway Accidents: Any accidents that happen on the road, including those involving motorcycles, cyclists, and pedestrians, fall under this category.
- Premises Liability Claims: These claims occur when an injury happens on someone else’s property due to unsafe conditions. Examples of premises liability include slip and fall claims, and more.
- Medical Malpractice: These claims are filed when a healthcare professional’s negligence causes harm to a patient.
- Work Injuries: These injury claims result from accidents or illnesses that happen at the workplace or in a work-related activity.
- Dog Bite Lawsuits: Attacks from dogs can cause severe physical and psychological injuries, leading to personal injury claims.
- Wrongful Death Claims: When a person dies due to the negligence or misconduct of another, their loved ones can file a wrongful death claim.
- Police Misconduct: Unlawful actions by police officers that lead to personal harm can give rise to lawsuits.
In addition to these, we also fund various other personal injury claims in Maine. Please contact us for more information.
Get up to $500,000 with rates as low as 2.5% simple, monthly
Why Choose LawsuitLoans.io for Legal Funding on Your Dog Bite Injury Legal Claim?
At LawsuitLoans.io, we understand how a dog bite injury can lead to sizable medical bills and prevent you from working. During this stressful time, affording your lawsuit shouldn’t be an added worry. LawsuitLoans.io is a top choice for legal financing due to numerous customer-friendly features. Take a closer look at why you should rely on us for your legal funding needs.
Low, Simple Rates
In contrast to many legal funding companies, LawsuitLoans.io operates on low, simple rates. These start at just 2.5% per month. By offering competitive rates, we help keep your repayment sum manageable, thereby reducing your financial burden.
We know that waiting is not an option when you’re facing substantial medical bills. That’s why our approval process is quick and straightforward. You can expect an approval as early as the same day you apply, once we have all the required information.
Capped Repayment Terms
LawsuitLoans.io also includes a feature of capped repayment terms. This is a vital aspect rarely found in other pre-settlement funding services. It means that after a certain date, interest stops accruing on your loan. This stipulation prevents potentially endless interest charges, a crucial factor that can safeguard you financially.
Client-First Approach to Legal Funding
At LawsuitLoans.io, our clients always come first. Our clienteles’ welfare and happiness are of prime importance to us. We strongly believe in rendering only the best services. Hence, we strive to provide competitive rates, speedy approval, and fair repayment terms. In essence, we keep you and your needs in mind throughout the process.
Maine Pre-settlement Funding FAQs
If you’re a Maine resident with a pending personal injury case, such as a dog bite, you might have some questions. Let’s get straight to the facts and answer those for you.
1. How much compensation can you get for a dog bite in Maine?
The compensation depends on the circumstances of your case. To settle this, you’ll consider factors like medical costs, lost income, and non-economic damages like pain and suffering. Consult a legal professional to understand what amount you might expect.
2. How long does a dog bite injury settlement take in Maine?
The length of time a dog bite injury settlement takes in Maine fluctuates. It depends on how complex the case is, whether it goes to court, and how quickly both sides can agree. On average, it may take several months to over a year.
3. Does Maine have the one-bite rule?
No, Maine does not follow the “one-bite rule”. It follows strict liability for dog bites. This means an owner is liable if their dog causes injury, regardless of whether or not the dog has bitten someone in the past.
Apply today and get funds as soon as the same day you apply!
Does LawsuitLoans.io Directly Fund Cases in Maine?
While LawsuitLoans.io operates as a direct funder in most states it services, we act as a broker and originate funding requests to a select group of partner funding companies in Maine.