California Dog Bite Lawsuit Loans
- Get Cash As Soon As Today
- Rates As Low As 2.5% Simple, Monthly
- Repay $0 If You Lose
Apply in Seconds
What is a Dog Bite Lawsuit Loan and How Does it Work in California?
A lawsuit loan, also referred to as pre-settlement funding, provides financial help to plaintiffs pursuing legal battles. It is not like traditional loans, but rather a cash advance on the possible future settlement of your case. This loan becomes crucial when a plaintiff, for instance, someone with a pending dog bite injury lawsuit in California, needs immediate financial support to cover medical bills, living expenses or any other costs.
How does it work? It’s simple. An application is made via the LawsuitLoans.io funding application or over the phone at (866) 594-1343. The company then reviews the details of your case, often communicating directly with your attorney. If your case is deemed as having a strong chance of success, you can receive funding. No repayments are made until the resolution of the case, and only if the case is successful. If the case is lost, the money doesn’t need to be repaid.
How Lawsuit Loans Work
Here’s how the lawsuit loan process works in three easy steps. The entire process can be completed within 24 hours with your attorney’s help.
Apply Online or Call Toll-Free
Apply online or call us toll-free at (866) 594-1343. Submitting your application takes minutes.
We Review Your Case
Next, we contact your law firm and collect basic information to review your case. Review only takes a few hours.
You Receive Funds
You and your attorney review and sign our funding contract. Once complete, you can have funds within hours.
How Much Funding Can I Get From my Premises Liability Lawsuit Advance?
At LawsuitLoans.io, we provide lawsuit loans for various personal injury claims, including slip and fall cases. Our financial aid ranges from $500 to $1,000,000+. Our funding is governed by certain standards. For cases that are still in progress, we can advance up to a maximum of 25% of your expected portion from the settlement. However, for settled personal injury cases, we can offer about half—or 50%—of your anticipated amount from the resolved case.
Let’s depict this with a concrete example: Picture a resident of California involved in a dog bite claim. The individual was attacked by a dog while walking near their apartment complex. This case is believed to hold an estimated value of $200,000. Currently, the plaintiff is receiving medical treatment for the injuries incurred, and the case may require another year to conclude.
In most personal injury settlements, the division of funds generally follows a rule of thirds: medical providers receive around 33%, the attorney obtains an additional 33%, and the remaining figure, in this case, approximately $65,000, goes to the plaintiff.
Given these conditions, LawsuitLoans.io can advance about 25% of the plaintiff’s expected return. That would amount to around $16,000 for this specific case.
Get up to $500,000 with rates as low as 2.5% simple, monthly
Steps to Take After a Dog Bite Injury
Dog bites can be scary and painful experiences. If you’ve been bitten by a dog, there are important steps to follow. These steps will ensure your wellbeing and improve chances of receiving fair compensation for your injury.
1. Seek Medical Attention
Your first priority after a dog bite should be your health. Seek immediate medical attention, even if the injury seems minor. Doctors will properly clean the wound and assess if any further treatment is necessary such as stitches or tetanus shots.
2. Report the Incident to Animal Control
It’s important to report the incident to your local animal control or law enforcement. They will help ensure the dog is not a threat to others and can assist in identifying the dog if it was a stray.
3. Document Your Injuries
Keep a detailed record of your injuries. This should include photos of the injury, medical records and any other relevant information that could help when filing a lawsuit. A thorough documentation can significantly help your case.
4. Contact Competent Local Legal Counsel
A lawyer will understand the complexities of dog bite laws and can guide you throughout the legal process. Contact legal counsel sooner rather than later to get advice on how best to proceed.
Getting bitten by a dog can be frightening, but remember that you don’t have to go through this alone. Services like LawsuitLoans.io are there to support you financially while your case is being resolved.
Get an Instant Quote
Input your requested funding amount and the time your case may take to settle here to see your savings and cost when you choose LawsuitLoans.io. While we sometimes offer interest rates as low as 2.5%, our calculator assumes an interest rate of 2.9%. This calculator is illustrative – please contact us for an instant, written quote for your request.
Months Until Settlement:
Pay as little as $2,631 on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 6 months of your advance.
Save as much as $1,697 on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 6 months of your advance.
Save as much as 39% on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 6 months of your advance.
Am I Eligible for a Lawsuit Loan on my California Dog Bite Claim?
If you have suffered injuries from a dog bite in California and you are pursuing compensation, you might be asking yourself – can I get a lawsuit loan for this? The straightforward answer is yes, you may be eligible to receive a lawsuit loan from LawsuitLoans.io. But let’s look into the need-to-know details.
The primary eligibility requirements for a lawsuit loan include the following:
- You must have a valid personal injury claim against a defendant who has insurance coverage. This is an essential factor because the lawsuit loan is directly tied to your pending legal case and expected settlement. Thus, the defendant’s ability to pay the settlement (usually through insurance) is a key factor in a lender’s decision to approve lawsuit funding.
- You must be represented by an attorney hired on a contingency basis. If you have hired your legal representation on a ‘no win, no fee’ or contingency basis, this shows that your attorney has confidence in your case. It is generally a required criterion for receiving a lawsuit loan.
- Last but not least, you must be at least 18 years old. As with most types of loans, lenders need to ensure you are of legal age to enter a binding agreement.
These eligibility factors ensure the process of applying for a lawsuit loan is fair and beneficial for all parties involved.
Apply today and get funds as soon as the same day you apply!
What are the Dog Bite Injury Laws in California?
In California, dog bite injury laws play a crucial role in litigation. Generally, if a person is bitten by a dog either in a public place or lawfully in a private place, the dog owner is liable for damages suffered by the person bit. This applies whether or not the dog was previously known to be vicious, or even if the owner knew about the dog’s viciousness.
However, there are different scenarios that may impact the chances of recovery. For instance, if the victim shared some responsibility for the attack (such as provoking the dog), it could reduce their compensation. Other situations like trespassing or committing a crime at the time of the attack can also decrease the chances of successful recovery.
The California Civil Code Section 3342 clearly details the guidelines involving dog bite injuries and instances that could affect legal claims arising from such occurrences. Understanding these laws is important for any plaintiff considering filing a legal claim due to a dog bite injury.
LawsuitLoans.io’s Dog Bite Injury Loan Process
If you’re a plaintiff in a dog bite or attack lawsuit, lawsuit loans offer financial support as you wait for resolution. LawsuitLoans.io simplifies the process for obtaining funds in just five steps:
- Apply Online: Visit our online application section and fill out a brief form with your case details.
- We Contact Your Law Firm: After applying, we reach out to your law firm to gather more information about your case. This step ensures we have all necessary materials.
- We Review Your Case: Next, our team uses the information from your law firm to examine your case. We aim to make this step as quick as possible for you.
- You Sign a Contract: Upon approval of your loan request, we send you a contract to review and sign.
- You Get Funds: Once you’ve reviewed and signed the agreement, the funds are sent directly to your specified account.
For example, consider John, who was bitten by a neighbor’s dog severely enough to need medical care. Unable to work while he recovers, John needs financial assistance. He applies online with LawsuitLoans.io and gives us the name of his law firm. Our expert team contacts his attorney, reviews the case, and approves the loan. John signs the agreement, and soon after, the needed funds appear in his account.
Get $500 – $100,000 as soon as today
We understand that if you’re applying for funding with us, you needed the funding yesterday. With your attorney’s cooperation, we can provide funding as soon as the same day you apply with us.
What Can I Use the Money From My Lawsuit Loan For?
If you’re planning to apply for a lawsuit loan, you might wonder about the potential uses for the funds. Essentially, you have a degree of freedom in how you choose to use the money from your lawsuit loan.
Primarily, most plaintiffs use these funds to cover basic living costs. This could include household bills like electricity, gas, water and rent or mortgage payments. Having a lawsuit loan also helps purchase daily essentials such as food and transportation costs.
Medical expenses are another common use for lawsuit loan funds. If you’ve been injured and are awaiting settlement, your medical bills may be piling up. A lawsuit loan can help alleviate that financial pressure by taking care of expenses related to your medical treatment, medication, physical therapy and rehabilitation.
However, it’s important to note that there’s a limitation on the usage of lawsuit loan funds. These funds cannot be used to directly finance litigation or legal case expenses. That includes paying for your lawyer, court fees, or other costs directly associated with the legal proceedings of your case. The primary purpose of a lawsuit loan is to help plaintiffs manage their living costs and critical expenses while awaiting settlement of their case.
Most Common Personal Injury Claims we Fund in California
At LawsuitLoans.io, we understand that unexpected events can lead to severe impacts. We fund a variety of personal injury claims in California, helping plaintiffs like you to maintain financial stability during the legal process. The most common cases we fund include:
- Car accidents: These often occur due to drivers’ negligence and can result in serious injuries or death.
- Commercial vehicle accidents: These involve commercial vehicles like trucks, vans, etc., and typically result in severe damage and injuries.
- Other roadway accidents: These accidents could involve motorcycles, pedestrians, bicycles, etc. and lead to personal injuries.
- Premises liability claims: These arise when someone gets injured on another’s property due to the owner’s negligence.
- Medical malpractice: These claims are made when health care providers fail to meet the standard of care, causing harm to the patient.
- Work injuries: These happen during job performance and may qualify for workers’ compensation.
- Slip and fall claims: Such incidents can occur anywhere and often result from unsafe conditions.
- Dog bite lawsuits: These claims usually arise when a dog injures someone due to its owner’s negligence.
- Wrongful death claims: These devastating lawsuits seek compensation for the loss of a loved one due to negligence or intentional harm.
- Police misconduct: These claims involve false arrest, excessive force, or other abuses by police officers.
In addition to these, we fund almost all personal injury claims by providing pre-settlement funding. Please check LawsuitLoans.io funding application for more details.
Get up to $500,000 with rates as low as 2.5% simple, monthly
Why Choose LawsuitLoans.io for Legal Funding on Your Dog Bite Injury Legal Claim?
If you have a dog bite injury legal claim, consider LawsuitLoans.io. We stand out in the legal funding industry because we place clients first. What else sets us apart? Here are the major points.
- Low, simple rates: LawsuitLoans.io offers competitive interest rates as low as 2.5% per month. With straightforward and transparent pricing, you know exactly what to expect.
- Fast approval: No more waiting. Get approved as soon as the same day you apply. This allows you to get the funds you need when you need them.
- Capped repayment terms: Unlike many other lenders, we cap our interest. It stops accruing after a certain date, so you’ll never feel overwhelmed by growing costs.
- Our approach: At LawsuitLoans.io, we follow a client-first policy. This means your needs will always come first. Our company is dedicated to providing funds swiftly to ensure seamless continuation of your case.
For a fast, ethical and client-focused legal funding solution, choose LawsuitLoans.io.
California Pre-settlement Funding FAQs
At LawsuitLoans.io, we receive many questions from California residents about their legal rights and potential compensation. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding dog bite incidents in California:
How much compensation can you get for a dog bite in California?
The compensation for a dog bite in California varies. The amount depends on several factors such as the severity of the injury, medical expenses, loss of wages, and any emotional distress. Specific amounts can only be determined by legal counsel.
How long does a dog bite injury settlement take in California?
A dog bite injury settlement can take anywhere from a few months to a few years in California. The length of time depends on factors like case complexity, availability of evidence, and how promptly the parties agree on a settlement calculation. It’s important to note that at LawsuitLoans.io, we can provide pre-settlement funds to plaintiffs waiting for their dog bite cases to settle.
Does California have the one-bite rule?
No, California does not adhere to the “one-bite rule”. In fact, California’s dog bite law, Civil Code Section 3342, holds dog owners “strictly liable” for their dog’s behavior from the first bite, even if the dog has never been aggressive before or bitten someone else. This means California dog owners can be held responsible for damages right away.
Apply today and get funds as soon as the same day you apply!