California Lawsuit Loans
- Get cash as soon as today
- Rates as low as 2.5% simple, monthly
- Repay $0 if you lose
If you live in the state of California, you have a legal right to be compensated when you suffer injuries because of someone’s careless or reckless behavior. The problem with personal injury claims is that they take time before you receive money through a settlement or verdict.
While you are out of work recovering from your injuries, you need money to pay medical bills in addition to your normal living expenses. This article shows you how a California lawsuit loan may offer a solution to your financial struggles with a cash advance against the value of the settlement of your lawsuit.
You get money in as little as 24 hours to use as you wish with no strings attached. Continue reading to learn more about getting money today that is repaid only when your lawyer settles your case for the money that you deserve.
1. Apply Online or Call Toll-Free
Apply online or call us toll-free at (866) 594-1343. Submitting your application takes minutes.
2. We Review Your Case
Next, we contact your law firm and collect basic information to review your case. Review only takes a few hours.
3. You Receive Funds
You and your attorney review and sign our funding contract. Once complete, you can have funds within hours.
What is a lawsuit loan?
A plaintiff awaiting settlement of a pending lawsuit to recover damages usually must wait while the case makes its way through the courts. Insurance companies for the parties being sued may try to delay settlement to put financial pressure on the plaintiff who may be out of work while recuperating. Meanwhile, monthly rent or mortgage payments along with other living expenses and medical bills start to pile up and create financial hardship.
California lawsuit loans give you access to a portion of the settlement value of your car accident, medical malpractice or other personal injury claim without negatively affecting your credit or adding a loan repayment to your monthly financial obligations. Companies offering lawsuit funding or lawsuit loans evaluate the strength of your pending lawsuit and, if satisfied that it will end with a settlement in your favor, advance you a portion of the value of the claim.
Companies offering California settlement loans use several names to advertise the service, including:
- Lawsuit loans
- Lawsuit funding
- Pre-settlement loans
- Pre-settlement funding
- Settlement loans
- Settlement funding
Receiving money that is repaid to the company approving a lawsuit cash advance may at first appear to be no different than a traditional loan that you get from a bank or credit union, but there are several key differences, including:
- No credit report or employment verification: The pre-settlement funding company does not base its decision on your credit or employment histories as would a bank. The money advanced to you is a non-recourse loan, which simply means that the funding company agrees to look only to the lawsuit settlement for repayment. Traditional lenders look to you, the borrower, and the assets that you own for repayment of the debt.
- Monthly repayment obligation: Because it is a non-recourse loan, you do not have another monthly payment as you would with a traditional loan.
- No increase in your debt obligation: Traditional loans negatively affect your credit score because of the added debt obligation, but lawsuit funding does not because you are not personally obligated to repay the debt.
- The funding company takes all the risk of loss: The anticipated future settlement of the lawsuit serves as collateral for repayment of the lawsuit funding. If the outcome of the lawsuit is not in your favor or it results in a settlement that is less than what the lawsuit funding company anticipated, the risk of loss is on the company and not on you.
Funding companies are not charities. They are in business to make money, which they do by charging interest on the money advanced to you. It is important to work with a reputable funding company to avoid falling victim to hidden fees and compounded interest that increase the cost.
Get $500 – $100,000 as soon as today
Why should you choose LawsuitLoans.io for your California lawsuit loan?
LawsuitLoans.io wants to help you through a difficult time by being a source of funds that you can use to meet your financial obligations while awaiting settlement of your personal injury lawsuit. Instead of the compound interest that other California lawsuit funding companies charge, LawsuitLoans.io charges simple interest with monthly rates as low as 2.5% based on its evaluation of your personal injury claim. More reasons to choose LawsuitLoans.io for lawsuit funding in the state of California include:
- No hidden charges: The cost of the lawsuit funding is fully disclosed to you upon approval of your application. You know the interest rate before you accept the cash advance. There are no hidden fees at LawsuitLoans.io.
- Quick approval: LawsuitLoans.io understands the stress of financial hardship, so we expedite the application review process to be able to fund your cash advance as soon as the same day that you accept our offer.
- Funding when other companies refuse: We are in business to provide funding for all types of cases even after another company has refused to approve an application. We conduct our own independent evaluation of your pending lawsuit and make our decision based solely on it.
Types of cases LawsuitLoans.io funds in California include:
- Personal injury cases
- Work injury claims
- Employment claims, including discrimination and wrongful discharge
- Mass tort claims
Lawsuit funding is available throughout the state of California, including the following cities:
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- San Diego
- San Jose
Contact us if you live in a California city that is not listed.
Lawsuit Loan Calculator
Input your requested funding amount and the time your case may take to settle here to see your savings and cost when you choose LawsuitLoans.io. While we sometimes offer interest rates as low as 2.5%, our calculator assumes an interest rate of 2.9%. This calculator is illustrative – please contact us for an instant, written quote for your request.
Months Until Settlement:
Total Cost With LawsuitLoans.io
Pay as little as $4,513 on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 12 months of your advance.
Your Savings With LawsuitLoans.io
Save as much as $2,597 on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 12 months of your advance.
Percent Savings With LawsuitLoans.io
Save as much as 36% on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 12 months of your advance.
Get up to $500,000 with rates as low as 2.5% simple, monthly
Am I eligible for a lawsuit loan in California?
You may be eligible for pre-settlement funding in California if you meet the following requirements:
- You must have a claim against someone for personal injuries, workplace accidents, employment claims, or mass tort litigation.
- You have an attorney representing you.
- Your attorney filed a lawsuit to pursue the claim.
- You anticipate a settlement in your favor for money damages.
- The person being sued has insurance coverage to pay your claim.
A lawsuit to prevent someone from trespassing on your land or other type of claim that does not include a demand for recovery of money damages would not be eligible for a pre-settlement cash advance.
Typical claims that qualify for funding include:
- Auto accidents, including injuries to pedestrians and bicycle riders.
- Workplace accidents, including construction accidents and claims by injured railroad workers under the Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA).
- Premises liability claims, such as slip-and-fall accidents or other mishaps caused by the failure of owners to maintain their property.
- Accidents caused by defective products.
- Medical malpractice claims.
- Mass tort claims and other types of class action lawsuits.
- Employment cases, including construction accidents and wrongful termination and discrimination.
LawsuitLoans.io will review your case to determine if it is eligible for funding. Simply apply online for a no-obligation claim review.
How much money can I get from my California lawsuit loan?
Legal funding companies typically advance up to 10% of the anticipated settlement value of the lawsuit, but LawsuitLoans.io advances as much as 25% of the settlement value of a lawsuit that has not had a settlement pending. It advances up to 50% of the settlement value for cases that have a settlement pending.
It’s important to understand how loan companies determine the net value of a case. The way settlements work is your personal injury law firm and the liability insurance company or defense lawyer agree on a settlement amount. However, included in that settlement are the legal fees and disbursements payable to your lawyer according to the terms of the retainer agreement that you signed. It also includes money to pay liens against your claim.
Liens may include money owed to physicians or hospitals for treatment that you received. If you were injured in a work-related accident and received workers’ compensation benefits, the compensation insurance company may have a lien to recover some of the benefits it paid you. The net settlement is the money available for you after payment of the legal fees and liens.
Pre-settlement lawsuit loans can only be repaid from the net proceeds. Therefore, funding specialists can only advance a percentage of the net settlement.
Get $500 – $100,000 as soon as today
How can I use my lawsuit loan money in California?
Once you receive the lawsuit advance, there are no strings attached. Use it you for anything you want, including:
- Medical expenses
- Car or home repairs
- Daily living expenses
- Monthly rent or mortgage payments
Getting your finances in order is a good use for the money, but it’s up to you to decide upon the best use for it.
How does the California lawsuit loan process work?
Get advice from your personal injury lawyer to assist you in deciding whether California lawsuit funding is the right solution to your current financial needs. If it is, the process to obtain pre-settlement involves the following steps:
- Fill out a simple online application that asks for your name, telephone number, email address, a description of the type of case, and your state of residence. LawsuitLoans.io also asks for the name and contact information of the law firm representing you in the lawsuit. Because lawsuit funding is a non-recourse loan, you need not provide employment or income information, and there is no credit check as part of the process.
- Upon receipt of the application, LawsuitLoans.io contacts your lawyer to gather information about the case, including the court where it is pending. This part of the process moves quickly when your lawyer knows that you are applying for pre-settlement funding and cooperates with the funding company.
- If a review of the facts and evidence supporting your claim reveals that you have a strong case, you and your lawyer receive the legal funding agreement containing all of the terms of the lawsuit loan.
- Sign the legal funding agreement and return it to the funding company to receive your money.
California does not regulate the operation of legal funding companies doing business in the state.
Benefits of legal loans in California
A cash advance against the settlement of a pending lawsuit is not the only way to resolve financial concerns. You could use a credit card or apply for a loan at a bank, but each of those options obligates you to monthly payments until the debt is repaid. Plus, credit card debt or a bank loan negatively affects your credit.
Unless you have a relative willing to give you the money that you need until the settlement of your case, the benefit of lawsuit funding is its non-recourse feature that does not personally obligate you to repay the cash advance. If you lose the case, the California settlement funding company cannot come after you or your assets to recover the advance or the interest.
Discuss your options with the lawyer handling your lawsuit. If you both agree that the best way to get the money you deserve is with a California Lawsuit loan, then contact LawsuitLoans.io.
Get up to $500,000 with rates as low as 2.5% simple, monthly
California pre-settlement funding FAQs
Read our FAQs to learn more about lawsuit loans and personal injury claims in California.
Why is the settlement of my lawsuit taking so long?
It may take years for a lawsuit to make its way through the court process before it’s assigned to a judge for a trial. Liability insurance companies know that delays work to their benefit because of the likelihood that financial pressures will force plaintiffs to accept less to settle rather than wait until a trial. Getting funding today through a lawsuit loan lets you give your lawyer the freedom to get you the money that you deserve.
What is pre-settlement funding?
Pre-settlement funding gives you immediate access to a portion of the settlement value of your lawsuit instead of waiting for the settlement to be completed. It is a non-recourse method to obtain money, which means that the approval process focuses solely on the strength and value of the lawsuit without any personal obligation on your part for repayment. It’s risk free because you are not responsible for repayment should you not win the case.
How much do lawsuit loans cost?
The cost of California lawsuit funding depends on the amount of the cash advance, the interest rate charged by the funding company, and how long it takes to receive settlement funds to repay the loan.
How do pre-settlement loans work?
A California pre-settlement loan is a simple process that you start by filling out an application online. The funding company gets the information needed to evaluate your claim from your lawyer. If approved for funding, you can have the money you need within 24 hours from when you and your lawyer sign the funding agreement.