Des Moines, Iowa Lawsuit Loans
- Get Cash As Soon As Today
- Rates As Low As 2.5% Simple, Monthly
- Repay $0 If You Lose
Apply in Seconds
What Are Lawsuit Loans in Des Moines, Iowa
If you’ve been injured and are dealing with a lawsuit, you likely know how taxing this process can be both emotionally and financially. This is where lawsuit loans, also referred to as pre-settlement funding, come into play. In simple terms, a lawsuit loan is an advance on a future legal settlement that an injured plaintiff can receive. These operate on a non-recourse basis, meaning that they need only be repaid if the plaintiff wins their case.
Now, let’s consider a case study for better understanding. Assume Diana, a resident of Des Moines in Iowa. Diana was unfortunately involved in a car accident which resulted in her facing multiple personal injuries. Given the high medical bills and other costs involved, Diana decided to take a lawsuit loan to manage her finances while waiting for her case to settle.
After reaching out to LawsuitLoans.io and filling out the LawsuitLoans.io funding application, she was able to secure the funds she needed. It’s important to note that if Diana doesn’t win her case, she owes us nothing. Our entire process is risk-free for the plaintiff. This is how a lawsuit loan works, providing essential financial support when it is most needed.
How Lawsuit Loans Work
Here’s how the lawsuit loan process works in three easy steps. The entire process can be completed within 24 hours with your attorney’s help.
Apply Online or Call Toll-Free
Apply online or call us toll-free at (866) 594-1343. Submitting your application takes minutes.
We Review Your Case
Next, we contact your law firm and collect basic information to review your case. Review only takes a few hours.
You Receive Funds
You and your attorney review and sign our funding contract. Once complete, you can have funds within hours.
Important Iowa Lawsuit Loan Information
In the state of Iowa, LawsuitLoans.io can be a vital resource to plaintiffs waiting for their legal cases to resolve. To help understand the potential benefits of a lawsuit loan, we’ve provided important information about lawsuit loans in Iowa.
|Average loan amount by LawsuitLoans.io in Iowa||$15,611.33|
|Largest loan by LawsuitLoans.io in Iowa||$76,993.00|
|Average semi-annual rate in Iowa||21.3%|
|Median personal injury verdict in Iowa||$36,513.00|
|Iowa statute of limitations||2 years; Iowa Code Ann. Section 614.1|
|Iowa fault laws||Iowa is an “at-fault” or “tort” state, meaning the driver found to be responsible for the accident is liable for damages.|
|Des Moines population, 2020||214,133|
Get up to $500,000 with rates as low as 2.5% simple, monthly
Common Case Types We Fund in Des Moines
At LawsuitLoans.io, we provide pre-settlement funding for various types of legal claims. Here are the most common case types that we fund in Des Moines:
- Auto and Other Roadway Accidents: These are among the most common legal claims. They often result from negligence or reckless behavior on the road, like speeding, texting while driving, or drunk driving.
- Premises Liability: This includes accidents that occur due to dangerous conditions on someone else’s property. Examples include slip and fall accidents, dog bites, unsafe work conditions, and inadequate building security.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice claims involve healthcare providers who fail to meet the standard of care, resulting in injury or illness to the patient. This can include surgical errors, misdiagnosis, and improper treatment.
- Labor Law Claims: Labor law claims might arise when workers’ rights are violated. It could be because of unpaid wages, unsafe work conditions, discrimination, or harassment at the workplace.
- Employment Claims: Spotting misconduct like wrongful termination, violation of wage laws, or discrimination at work can lead to employment claims.
- Other Personal Injury Claims: We also fund other types of personal injury claims that result from negligence, such as product liability cases, assault and battery, nursing home abuse, and more.
We are here to support plaintiffs with funding while they await the resolution of their legal cases. To learn more or apply, please visit our funding application page.
Get an Instant Quote
Input your requested funding amount and the time your case may take to settle here to see your savings and cost when you choose LawsuitLoans.io. While we sometimes offer interest rates as low as 2.5%, our calculator assumes an interest rate of 2.9%. This calculator is illustrative – please contact us for an instant, written quote for your request.
Months Until Settlement:
Pay as little as $2,631 on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 6 months of your advance.
Save as much as $1,697 on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 6 months of your advance.
Save as much as 39% on a lawsuit loan of $10,000 if your case settles within 6 months of your advance.
Am I Eligible for a Lawsuit Loan in Des Moines?
Understanding the eligibility criteria for lawsuit loans is an important first step if you are considering this kind of funding. There are three primary requirements that need to be met:
- A valid legal claim: You must have a legitimate claim against an insurance company, a self-insured entity, or a large public corporation. This claim should involve personal injury or another type of legal issue.
- An attorney: Having an attorney is a requirement for getting a lawsuit loan. The reason for this is simple; it shows that you have someone who understands your claim, believes in its viability, and is prepared to represent your interests.
- Age: In order to apply for a lawsuit loan, you must be at least 18 years old.
Remember that these are the main qualifying factors, but LawsuitLoans.io assesses each application on a case-by-case basis. Don’t hesitate to reach out for more information or to start the application process.
Apply today and get funds as soon as the same day you apply!
Our Des Moines Lawsuit Loan Process
At LawsuitLoans.io, we aim to keep the process of obtaining a lawsuit loan simple and straightforward. If you are a plaintiff with an ongoing case, here’s how you can apply for funds:
- Apply Online: Start by filling out the LawsuitLoans.io funding application on our website.
- We Contact Your Law Firm: Once we receive your online application, we will reach out to your law firm for more details about your case.
- We Review Your Case: Our team then reviews your case in detail. This includes evaluating the likely outcome, potential compensation, and also talking to your attorney if necessary.
- You Sign a Contract: Once the review is complete and if we approve your case, you will be provided a contract to sign. This contract states the terms and conditions of the lawsuit loan.
- You Get Funds: After you sign the contract, we transfer your funds directly into your bank account. You can use these funds for any need while you wait for your case to settle.
Let’s take an example to make it clearer. Suppose John Doe has a personal injury claim. He applies online using our application form. We contact his law firm and review his case. Seeing he has a strong case, we offer him a loan. After he signs the contract, we provide him with the agreed funds. That’s how straightforward the process is.
How Much Money Can I Get From my Lawsuit Loan?
Lawsuit loans from LawsuitLoans.io can range from $500 to over $1,000,000. If your case is still in progress, we can advance up to a maximum of 25% of the value you’re expected to receive from the settlement. On the other hand, if your case has already settled, we can offer half of what you’re projected to receive.
Let’s take for example a plaintiff from Des Moines involved in a car accident case estimated to have a value of $100,000. The case is not yet settled and might take some time. The medical providers are expected to take around one-third of the settlement amount, which leaves the attorney with another one-third, and about $35,000 for the plaintiff. Under these circumstances, LawsuitLoans.io can advance around 25%, or $8,250, of that amount to the plaintiff.
Get $500 – $100,000 as soon as today
We understand that if you’re applying for funding with us, you needed the funding yesterday. With your attorney’s cooperation, we can provide funding as soon as the same day you apply with us.
How quickly can I get a pre-settlement lawsuit loan in Des Moines?
If you are a plaintiff with a legal claim and find yourself in need of funds while waiting for your case to resolve, you may be wondering how quickly you can receive a pre-settlement lawsuit loan.
Here at LawsuitLoans.io, we know that when you need financial assistance, timing is crucial. That’s why we make it our mission to provide funding as quickly as possible.
Upon receiving your completed funding application, LawsuitLoans.io reviews your case. Usually, we can make a decision within 24 hours.
Let’s say, for example, you submitted your application on Monday at 10 am. Under normal circumstances, you’d typically hear back from us by Tuesday at the same time.
Remember, every case is unique so times can vary. But, rest assured, at LawsuitLoans.io we are committed to providing timely funding solutions to help you navigate your legal journey.
Pros and Cons of Pre-Settlement Funding in Des Moines, Iowa
Pre-settlement funding can serve as a lifeline for plaintiffs stuck in the middle of lengthy lawsuits. However, like any financial agreement, it has its potential rewards and risks. In this section, we’ll walk you through the primary benefits and drawbacks of securing pre-settlement funding in Des Moines, Iowa.
Benefits of Pre-Settlement Funding
- Financial Relief: Plaintiffs struggling with daily living expenses or medical bills gain immediate relief. They receive an advance from their potential settlement which reduces their financial stress.
- Early Access to Funds: Court cases can drag on for years. Pre-settlement funding offers early access to much-needed funds, well before the resolution of the lawsuit.
- Avoiding Early Settlement Pressure: Defendants often pressure claimants into accepting less than what their case is worth. With pre-settlement funding, plaintiffs hold out for a fair settlement amount instead of accepting a low-ball offer.
- Non-Recourse Nature of Lawsuit Loans: If the plaintiff loses the case, they do not have to repay the loan. This non-recourse nature of lawsuit loans saves borrowers from added debt if their case does not pan out as expected.
Cons of Pre-Settlement Funding
- High Interest Rates: One of the primary drawbacks of pre-settlement funding is relatively high interest rates, which can accumulate over the duration of the lawsuit.
- Under-regulated Industry: The pre-settlement funding industry is generally either under-regulated or not regulated at all, which may lead to unethical practices.
- Need for a Well Developed Case: To qualify for pre-settlement funding, one must have a well-developed case. An attorney working on a contingency basis typically required, limiting options for some plaintiffs.
In conclusion, it’s essential to weigh these pros and cons before taking out a pre-settlement loan. Consulting with an experienced attorney and understanding all the terms of agreement can help in making an informed decision.
Get up to $500,000 with rates as low as 2.5% simple, monthly
Des Moines Pre-Settlement Funding FAQs
Dealing with legal cases can be stressful, especially when waiting for a settlement. Many residents of Des Moines have questions about obtaining pre-settlement funding. We’ll answer some of the most common questions below.
How much does it cost to get a lawsuit loan?
The cost of a lawsuit loan can widely differ based on your case specifics and the amount of money you need. The best way to find out is to apply or get in touch with us at LawsuitLoans.io.
Do I qualify for a lawsuit loan?
Qualification for a lawsuit loan depends on the strength of your case. If you are a plaintiff in a personal injury or other legal case and have hired an attorney, you are likely to qualify. Remember, we focus on the merit of your case, not your income or employment status.
If you have bad credit, can you get pre-settlement funding in Iowa?
Yes. Your credit score is not a factor for pre-settlement funding qualification. At LawsuitLoans.io, we base your eligibility for a loan on the merits of your legal case, not your credit history.
Apply today and get funds as soon as the same day you apply!